Here are some sure signs that you are fat-adapted and metabolically flexible:
1. Your energy levels remain consistent and sustained throughout the day. You rarely experience extreme energy dips and spikes.
2. You are able to go longer periods of time between meals without feeling excessive hunger.
3. When you do feel hungry, it is more of a gradually increasing hunger instead of a ravenous hunger that leaves you irritable and reaching for anything you can get your hands on.
4. You can exercise intensely without having to fuel your workout with carbohydrates.
5. You feel good and energized exercising in a fasted state.
Becoming fat adapted is a process that can feel challenging during the initial transition from burning sugar to fat as your primary fuel source, but it is one that will undoubtedly pay off ten fold on your journey to optimal health and wellness, and prime your body for fasting.